cleanmediatoday@gmail.com

News

Monday, 24 September 2012

Maharashtra rejects Kasab’s mercy plea

cleanmediatoday.com


Maharashtra rejects Kasab’s mercy plea
Clean Media Correspondent

Mumbai, Sept 24 (CMC) The Maharashtra government has rejected 26/11 gunman Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab’s mercy petition, said sources in the State Home Department.

The sources told The Clean Media on Monday that Home Minister R.R. Patil had turned down the petition.

The file has been dispatched from the Home Department to the Chief Minister’s office, from where it will be sent to the Governor’s office. From there, it will go to the President’s office.

The petition of the 25-year-old terrorist, addressed to President Pranab Mukherjee in Hindi, was received last week.

On August 29, the Supreme Court confirmed the death sentence, awarded to Kasab for waging war against India.

His plea challenging the conviction was dismissed.

1 comment: